Vistair is a dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation that are responsible for developing high quality software products for an impressive global portfolio of airline clients. With offices in Bristol (UK) and Dallas (USA).
Watch our video to see what it's like to work for Vistair.
As a Software Developer in Test you will join a cross functional Agile team responsible for the design, development, and quality of the DocuNet Software suite. The team is embarking on a major development phase to rewrite and extend the entire DocuNet suite including the creation of a new content management system. As an integral part of the team you will develop an automated framework for DocuNet and write automated tests for Spring MVC backed APIs and Single Page Applications.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Developing a test automation framework
- Develop the tools and help make decisions about 3rd party framework use.
- To design and execute effective automated functional and regression tests
- Working with the test team to formulate and automate test scenarios using the developed framework.
- Setting up the infrastructure to run the tests with Continuous Integration, leading toward Continuous Delivery.
- Setting up dashboards for reporting test results in real time.
- Including collation and circulation of quality data and metrics.
- Assessing and reporting on performance and constantly looking for areas of improvement and innovation.
- Provide continuous feedback on the product and process as required by the team.
- Quality review of automated test runs of products ensuring defects are managed accordingly
- Developing tools to assist manual and exploratory testing.
- Strong Java coding skills.
- Good knowledge of JVM technologies, Spring MVC and RESTful APIs
- Good SQL and Database skills.
- CI/CD tooling and build pipeline experience
- Working knowledge of version control systems, Git or SVN
- Collaborative with strong communication skills
- This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to prioritise workloads and deliver to tight deadlines
- 27 days holiday increasing annually and capped at 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Match up to 5% company pension contribution
- Retail, leisure, holiday, restaurants, health and wellbeing discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- WPA - NHS Top up cash plan
- Canada Life - Life insurance
- Canada Life - Income protection
- 31st October 2020
- Dependent on Experience