Vistair is a dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation that are responsible for developing high quality software products for an impressive global portfolio of airline clients. With offices in Bristol (UK) and Dallas (USA).
We have ambitious growth plans for the next 12 months and this position offers excellent scope for career progression.
The role is fundamental to the project and client management function within Vistair.
Watch our video to see what it's like to work for Vistair.
The Professional Services group is responsible for the successful delivery of customer focussed projects, delivering software and services, on time and on budget.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the project plan and leading a cross functional team of professionals to support you in ensuring that project objectives are met. You will work closely with the commercial team to ensure a smooth transition from commercial engagement through to project delivery and beyond. You will also work closely with the product management group to provide structured customer feedback based on customer interaction. During the life of the project, you will be the most visible member of the Vistair team to your customer.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop and execute project plans to formalise the delivery of Vistair products and services as per the project objectives
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope
- Matrix management of resources engaged in project activities
- Project risk & issue assessment & mitigation
- Tracking of project deliverables using appropriate tools to achieve efficient accurate reporting
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations - Providing clear, consistent and accurate reporting of the project status, risks and issues to all stakeholders
- Handle escalations, time critical issues and shifting priorities, resolve arising conflicts
- Facilitate project evaluations and assessment of results in conjunction with the internal stakeholders
- Articulate value proposition of the product and services for the end users, business owners, procurement and IT for the benefit of all stakeholders at the customer or prospect
- Experience in managing complex, multi-dimensional software delivery projects
- Qualification in project management or related discipline
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
- Ability to think strategically and tactically on issues by analysing and prioritising information to help the organisation draw accurate conclusions
- Pursues work with insatiable energy and drive
- Ability to develop and maintain strong rapport with clients and cross functional team
- Software domain experience in safety or risk management
- Sector domain experience in aviation, aerospace or defence
- 27 days holiday increasing annually and capped at 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Match up to 5% company pension contribution
- Retail, leisure, holiday, restaurants, health and wellbeing discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- WPA - NHS Top up cash plan
- Canada Life - Life insurance
- Canada Life - Income protection
- 31st October 2020
- Dependent on Experience