Reporting to the Principal Infrastructure Engineer, our Ideal candidate will carry out 1st and 2nd line tasks and have 1-2 years’ experience in assisting end users, resolving issues, setting up computers, purchasing equipment and installing software. The role is primarily 1st and 2nd line support but with the opportunity to assist on some server and application hosting projects.
Use of the following technologies is more critical than the actual vendor type the candidate has used in many cases.
Key business competencies:
- Use of helpdesk software, dealing with common faults, following procedures, logging work done, escalating issues to 2nd/3rd line
- Experience of working to SLAs and deadlines
- Active Directory, Network Printers, Networking (TCP/IP), antivirus and firewalling
- Dealing with vendors and purchasing
- Ability to pick up new technology and concepts quickly
- Complete scheduled maintenance tasks
- Keeping systems documentation and procedures updated
- 1-2 years’ of 1st/ 2nd line experience in assisting end users, resolving issues, setting up computers, purchasing equipment and installing software.
- Supporting end user PCs/Laptops running Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 with some Apple OSX, and software such as Microsoft Office, Skype for Business/Lync.
- A “well rounded” knowledge of core IT fundamentals and the ability to diagnose end users’ issues quickly and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Office 365 administration
- Virtualisation Platforms (VMware ESXi/vSphere v4+)
- Knowledge of server operating systems (Windows Server 2008+, CentOS/RHEL)
- Linux (any distribution)
- Amazon AWS
- MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Desktop disk imaging (regardless of the solution)
- Backup software (regardless of vendor)
- Apache httpd and Tomcat
This list is not exhaustive, and you would be expected to perform all tasks within your capabilities.
- Company pension scheme with generous company contribution
- Various discounts available for retail, entertainment and leisure
- Bike to work scheme
For further company information please visit our website https://www.vistair.com/
Closing date: 27th July 2018