We are transforming our existing SMS Software (Safety Management System Software) products by decomposing and merging them into a single core product based on a modern scalable and maintainable architecture.
We require an experienced software architect to lead the architectural design.
The SMS Software Architect is a hands-on role, you will direct and be part of the team that builds the next generation Aviation Safety Management Software.
- Collaboratively understand the as-is architecture of existing monolithic systems by working with business stakeholders and technical leads and gathering information based on existing documentation and code base.
- Collaboratively design the to-be architecture and communicate it to the wider team on a regular basis, adhering to a set of architectural guidelines.
- Ensure the architecture enables the business to deliver against company and technical strategies.
- Ensure the architecture enables a migration path for existing customers.
- Provide input to and lead the internal governance process.
- Help the team understand the value of architecture and how to implement it.
- Appreciation and experience of designing and implementing modern system architectures.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Self-motivation and drive.
- Strong team working skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Continuously keep yourself abreast with new and upcoming technologies and tools.
- Delivering software using Agile methods (Scrum, XP, etc).
- Solid hands on experience building Middleware solutions - API, Microservices.
- Java - Excellent knowledge of Java language and core API
- Java web application development experience
- 27 days holiday (increasing by 1 day per year, capped at 30 days)
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Cash Plan
- Company pension scheme with generous company contribution
- Various discounts available for retail, entertainment and leisure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Software Architect
- £ DOE