Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Sales Operations Executive will play a key support role in aiding the Sales Team. As a key sales co-ordinator they must be able to represent and communicate Vistair’s position as a leading aviation software company that provides world-leading document and safety management technology solutions. The role will also act as a liaison point ensuring sales support requirements are recognised within Vistair, whilst also being an integral part of all sales pursuits.
Type: Full Time
At Vistair, we live for the success of our customers which represent the world’s leading and most innovative airlines. Our customers recognize us for our world-class products, talent and our commitment to partnership. The focus of this role is supporting the Sales Team and coordinating day-to-day sales activities within the company. This role requires excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills. The role will be based within the Sales Team, but will entail cross-functional involvement and external interaction. Excellent potential for career development.
Strategic Sales research/assessment
- Industry analysis: key organisations/consultants and potential partnerships
- Target lists relating to potential specific key sectors
- Includes assisting in collating data to develop proactive sales tools, such as an ROI position, Relationship Mapping
- Work with the Marketing Team on specific campaigns
- Competitive analysis
Supporting Organisation and Administration of Sales Team
- RFP/ Sales Pursuit Coordination - assist in co-ordinating the plan to ensure timely and quality submissions of materials/positions as part of a sales pursuit. Wider pro-active activity to help progress specific sales pursuits e.g. relationship mapping an organisation
- Schedule Management - support Sales Team in scheduling sales calls (conference and video) and face-to-face meetings worldwide
- Sales Materials Coordination - assist in coordinating sales materials for meetings and large- scale bids (e.g. presentations, proposals, etc.). When required, prepare draft sales material using available sales collateral and with guidance from the Sales Lead
- Sales Collateral Management – liaise with Marketing, Product Owners, on management of sales collateral
- Marketing Input Management – liaise with the Marketing Team to ensure most up-to-date marketing inputs are available and used in all RFP responses, for example customer data points, case studies, and latest marketing positioning.
- Document Formatting - preparing sales materials in line with Vistair’s brand guidelines
- Database Management - liaise with Marketing/Sales/Finance in managing contact database and Pipeline tools (Salesforce primarily)
External Communication in a Sales Context/Business Development
- Engage potential inbound prospects at early stages of sales cycle.
- Some lead generation: outbound emails/ calls to prospect airlines
- Some international travel to assist with Industry Conferences/Shows
Key skills and qualifications:
- Must be educated to a diploma/degree level - Business/Sales/Marketing related qualification preferred
- Experience at co-ordinating activity to often tight time-frames and an ability to prioritise deliverables and adapt flexibly to customer needs
- Must be fluent in English to a very high standard and possess strong communication skills, as liaison with potential clients and colleagues is a large focus within the job.
- Highly organised and possess a high level of administration ability and “can-do” attitude
- Keen eye for detail
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and ideally Salesforce experience